The award-winning Get Set for School® Pre-K curriculum uses lively music and playful activities to teach number concepts, geometry, sequencing, phonological awareness, vocabulary, and concepts about print.
Our dynamic Pre-K Literacy & Math Workshop introduces developmentally appropriate activities that are sure to energize your classroom. Discover how our tools and strategies can help you transform potentially complex concepts so they are relevant and enticing for young learners.
The Get Set for School Pre-K Literacy & Math Workshop is an introductory level class.
- Demonstrate developmentally appropriate activities for early number, shape, pattern, and math awareness
- Demonstrate developmentally appropriate activities for beginning sound, language, letter, word, and literacy skills
- Recognize ways to incorporate multisensory, hands-on materials, Discovery Play, and explicit child-friendly teaching in the Pre-K environment
- Locate implementation strategies for differentiated instruction, including adaptations for English language learners and advanced learners
- Identify how sensory motor and social-emotional activities are embedded within our math and literacy programs
- Language & Literacy Pre-K Teacher's Guide
- Numbers & Math Pre-K Teacher's Guide
- A-B-C Touch & Flip® Cards
- 1-2-3 Touch & Flip® Cards
- I Know My Numbers
- My Book
- Access to Get Set for School music resources
- Get Set for School tote
|1:30 p.m.||Pre-K Discovery: The importance of self-directed discovery and explicit instruction and how they apply to playful learning|
|Developmental Scope and Sequence of Pre-K Math and Literacy: Developmental way of teaching to address different learning styles|
|Pre-K Number and Math Skills: Multisensory activities and materials to teach children number concepts, geometry, patterns/algebra, numbers and operations, data representation, problem solving, and measurement|
|Break: Snack and beverage served|
|Pre-K Language and Literacy Skills: Multisensory activities and materials that teach children alphabet knowledge, phonological awareness, comprehension, writing, and concepts about print|
|Apply What You've Learned: How to implement materials and strategies in your Pre-K environment|
|5:00 p.m.||Adjourn: Certificate of Attendance for 3.5 Contact Hours|